It’s that time of the year – Cookie Swap time! Once again, I’ve partnered with the Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange (#FBLCookieExchange) to benefit No Kid Hungry, a wonderful organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger; which I am more than happy to promote.
If you’ve never heard of this particular Cookie Swap, here’s how it works: To participate we had to agree to bake and send a dozen cookies to 3 different bloggers and in return 3 different bloggers sent us a dozen cookies. I mean, cookies times three!
Soft & Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
This year, for the Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange, I choose to bake a soft and chewy cranberry white chocolate chip cookie. They remind me of the ones at a local bakery here and I just love them. I think the dried cranberries make the cookies look a bit festive for the season.
I sent my Soft and Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies to:
FOOD BLOGGER LOVE COOKIE EXCHANGE
In return, I was lucky enough to receive 3 very delicious cookies. Since we were away the week the 3 packages of cookies arrived, my daughter had the honor of tasting the yummy cookies and sending pictures of the packaging and contents. She did save me a couple of cookies so that I could confirm just how good they tasted. Click on each of the pictures to see the blogger’s site and recipe. You can see the recipes from everyone who participated this year at the bottom of this post.
I can’t wait for all of the recipes from this year’s cookie swap to be posted! So much goodness!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking pad.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together, using an electric mixer, the butter and both sugars until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat on low until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop, drop cookie batter onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
If this year’s round up of cookie recipes aren’t enough for you, check out last year’s Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange.