I found a small piece of heaven when I tasted this delightful biscotti. Oh my! The flavors of the orange zest and cranberries together are wonderful on their own but when you add that drizzled white chocolate, well, you’ll just have to make a batch on your own to find out. I’m not sharing mine! As with the Snickerdoodle Biscotti, this recipe is from Shugary Sweets. Take a look around her site, you’ll fall in love with it as I have.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oranges zested (divided)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate melted
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar or granulated, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in zest of one orange.
- Slow add flour and baking powder.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, shape dough into a 12 inch by 4 inch log, patting evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice biscotti into 3/4 inch slices with a sharp serrated knife.
- Arrange upright on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- In small bowl mix zest of one orange with remaining 1 tbsp of coarse sugar (or granulated). This will bring out the flavors of the orange zest throughout the sugar.
- Drizzle white chocolate on cooled biscotti and immediately sprinkle with orange sugar.
- Allow to set (about 15 minutes). Store in air tight container or ziploc bag.
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
Turned out gorgeous. So yum!