This sheet pan dinner pairs delicious vegetables and Italian sausage with a Parmesan cheese and Dijon dressing all roasted in the oven in under an hour.
Today, I am sharing an oven roasted recipe along with my fellow #OurFamilyTable foodies favorites. Check the list out after this recipe.
I love one pan meals, whether it’s on the stove-top or oven; they are just the best! Most are easy to prep and cook in less than 45 minutes. Clean up is a breeze with only one cooking vessel and a mixing bowl or cup. Another great reason for one pan meals is you can use a recipe for the basics and then change up the meat and vegetables used.
This oven roasted Italian sausage with potatoes and other vegetables is one of our favorites. Another delicious week night dinner recipe is this one pan meal that is often on the menu is this Sizzling Sweet Chicken and Vegetables. Best part of one pan meals is that clean up is easier and the meal is a time-saver.
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Prep Tips
If I know it’s going to be a busy day, I’ll prep the vegetables in the morning (or the night before) and store in the refrigerator until it’s time to make dinner.
Slice the peppers, onions, and carrots and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can cut up the potatoes and place them in a large bowl of cold water and keep them in the refrigerator without them turning brown. Just drain before using. I use a large bowl this way when I am combining the vegetables and sausage with the dressing, I am only dirtying one bowl.
Then when you are ready to cook dinner, the rest of the prep is a cinch. Slice the sausages into 2-inch pieces and add them to the bowl of drained potatoes. Add in the the rest of the vegetables. Mix up the dressing in a small bowl, and drizzle over sausage and vegetables. Give it all a toss to coat everything with the dressing.
Spread onto sheet pan and bake! Easy Peasy!
Roasted Vegetables with Italian Sausage
- 1 pkg 18 oz Italian sausages, cut in 2 inch pieces (4-5 sausages)
- 2 cups potatoes cut in one inch cubes
- 2 carrots peeled and cut in one inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers cut into strips, about a half inch wide (use whatever colors you prefer)
- 1 large onion sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Add the sausage, potatoes, carrots, peppers, and onion into a large mixing bowl**.
- In a separate small bowl whisk olive oil and Dijon mustard together. Add the rosemary, garlic, Parmesan, Italian seasoning (crush between fingers to refresh the flavors), salt and black pepper (to taste), whisk until well combined.
- Pour over sausage mixture and toss until everything is coated. I find using my hands easier to get everything coated. Pour the mixture onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are golden and tender. Give it a stir once or twice during the baking time to help the sausages and vegetables to evenly brown and not stick to the pan.
#OurFamilyTable Oven Roasted Recipes
- Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken by Making Miracles
- Honey Pecan Crusted Salmon by Art of Natural Living
- Mediterranean Chicken Legs Sheet Pan Dinner by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Dijon-Onion Sauce by Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Vegetables with Italian Sausage by Blogghetti
- Roasted Whole Pumpkin with Stuffing by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Roasted Beef Tenderloin by That Recipe
- Rosemary Garlic Roasted Leg of Lamb by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Other One Pan Meals you may enjoy:
Homemade Taco Mac
Roasted Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken & Vegetables
One Pan Chicken BBQ Pasta
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Wendy Klik says
Great minds Lisa. I can see this sheet pan dinner on our table in the near future.
Ohh! I love that parmesan mustard mix on everything. Loads of flavor. And sheet pan meals are wonderful because of the minimal clean up.
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng says
Love roasted veggies, love Italian sausage, love one pan recipes. Perfect!
Love an easy and delicious sheet pan dinner! Drooling over those bites of sausage. Yum!
Celeste K says
This was absolutely fantastic!
Simple whole food ingredients with so much flavor. Even my kids cleaned their plates.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing!
This is absolutely wonderful. It’s my third time making it. My family loves it.
I’m so glad Janice! It’s time for me to make it again