These healthy Paleo Banana Nut Muffins aren’t lacking in taste with the combination of banana, almond butter, and coconut flour. Delicious for breakfast or mid-afternoon snack.
I’ve keep meaning to post this recipe for these yummy paleo banana nut muffins, but each time I made them I would forget to take photos. The reason is simple, the muffins didn’t last long enough out of the pan for me to even think about pictures. This last time I made sure I snapped a couple.
Let me tell you, the first few weeks back in September I didn’t think we would make 30 days of Paleo but after two months we were doing well and I was ready to venture into baking this pumpkin nut bread and this one, too. Paleo baking isn’t that different from what I am used to, I just never gave it a thought. One of the sweet recipes we love is my perfect banana bread, of course on a paleo diet, that is a definite NO! So, I scoured the internet looking for a perfect paleo banana bread recipe and found this muffin recipe instead. While it does have a different taste and texture, it’s definitely delicious!
I think the use of coconut flour, almond butter, and spices make this recipe a winner in my book. Also, using coconut oil in place of butter or vegetable oil is not only a healthier option, it gives it a hint of coconut flavor. Even if you aren’t following a paleo diet, I highly encourage you to try this recipe. Take note of the baking temperatures in the recipe. Rebecca from Paleo Grubs suggest preheating the oven to 375 degrees and then reducing it to 350 when baking the muffins. This gives a bit of a higher dome on top of the muffin. It does work!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
- 4 bananas, mashed with a fork (the more ripe, the better)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups. Note: when ready to place muffins into oven to bake, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla. Blend using an electric hand mixer (no need for a stand mixer) to combine the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt – whisk to combine.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Scrap the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Fold in ½ cup of the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the lined muffin cups, about two-thirds of the way full.Top each muffin with a few of the remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick test comes out clean.
- Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in a covered container or re-sealable bag.
- Recipe from: Paleo Grubs
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!