Not your ordinary pizza here! This Shrimp Alfredo Pizza with Spinach has a creamy base of roasted garlic Alfredo sauce topped with seasoned shrimp and vegetables. A simple and delicious dinner prepped and baked in less than 30 minutes.
Welcome to this month’s Food Fight! Fantastical Food Fight is a group of bloggers who will get a theme or ingredient each month and make some sort of variation for it. It could be traditional or nontraditional recipe from a cookbook, a blog, or the blogger’s own creation. Previously, I made these yummy Strawberry Shortcake Scones and these Homemade Carrot Cupcakes and this month the theme is Seafood! I’m not a real big seafood fan, but I do love shrimp. I decided to change up our pizza night by making Shrimp Alfredo Pizza with Spinach. Read on for the recipe and then check out the other blogger’s creations at the end of this post.
It couldn’t be easier to make this pizza with the help of refrigerated thin crust pizza dough. When you mention Alfredo sauce, you probably can already feel the fat calories being applied to your waistline but this whole pizza only has one half cup of the creamy, delicious sauce. My theory is if you add enough veggies and shrimp it knocks out the fat in the Alfredo. Hey, can’t blame me for trying. Anyway you look at it, this pizza is all kinds of yummy goodness.
I love that this recipe can be made with simple ingredients that can be bought in a pinch if you have no idea what to make for dinner. Add a tossed salad with this pizza and dinner is done. I do try not to buy processed foods but let’s get real – sometimes it happens. I’m not going to worry about it. Pass me another slice of this yummy Shrimp Alfredo Pizza with Spinach, please!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
- 1- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- ½ lb deveined medium shrimp, raw (or ½ lb medium, cooked and deveined shrimp)*
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper (any color you choose will work just fine)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated thin pizza crust
- ½ cup Roasted Garlic Alfredo sauce (jarred or homemade)
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat butter or oil over medium heat.
- If your shrimp is raw: removed tails if necessary and then season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning, to taste. Saute shrimp 2 minutes on each side, until pink and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- If your shrimp is already cooked: remove tails, if necessary and then season with Old Bay Seasoning, to taste. Heat shrimp in skillet until hot, about a minute per side. Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet add the bell pepper and onion sprinkle a little Old Bay Seasoning on the vegetables, to taste.
- Cook just 2-3 minutes till softened a little. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll dough onto prepared baking sheet or pizza pan. Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven and spread Alfredo sauce over crust.
- Lay the spinach on top of the sauce followed by the shrimp, bell pepper and onion mixture. Top pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Place pizza back into oven and bake 8 to 12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned.
- Cut and serve.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!