Cheesy Tri-Colored Tortellini Skillet Bake is a quick and delicious meal perfect for a meatless Monday or any night of the week.
Sometimes the best meals are those that are made without planning, and this cheesy tortellini skillet meal is a perfect example of that situation. I was totally immersed in several different tasks with one of them being preparing dinner. I had every intention of browning ground beef to add to the marinara sauce for this meal. I went about simmering the sauce with seasonings and cooking the tortellini, continued painting a DIY project I was working on, and also cleaning up the rest of the house. The tortellini was done and without thinking, I added it to the sauce, topped the whole thing off with cheese, and placed it in the oven to melt that cheese and get all bubbly good.
About two minutes later, it dawned on me that I never added the ground beef to the dish! Too late for that now, so our Wednesday dinner became meatless. Ha! It was so good though that no one cared. I mean all that cheese, how could anyone miss the meat!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
- 2 packages frozen tri-colored tortellini (19 oz pkgs)
- 2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce (24 oz each)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an oven-safe large skillet (a Dutch oven would would too), add the sauce and the seasonings. Simmer while preparing the tortellini.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook tortellini according to package directions.Drain, and add too the sauce. Give it a mix to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Place skillet into preheated oven and bake until bubbly and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- NOTE: if you do not have an oven-safe skillet, simply add the sauce and tortellini mixture to a an oven-safe 13 x 9 casserole dish. Top with the cheeses and bake as directed above.