Your quest for the best ever chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe is over. This fabulous chocolate chip cookie is crisp on the outside, soft, and chewy on the inside. Perfection!
Awhile back, in December, when I was in the middle of my baking frenzy, I ran out of granulated sugar. I only had about a half of a cup left and needed more to make chocolate chip cookies. I remember reading somewhere you can substitute light brown sugar for all of some of the white granulated sugar; so that’s what I did. I hoped for the best and baked the batch. Best decision ever! The cookies turned out light and crisp on the outside; soft and chewy on the inside and every bite had a chocolate chip. I used the mini chocolate chips, personal preference of mine.
A few other tips: I have found that when baking cookies, it’s best to have the butter at room temperature, unless the recipe calls for it be cold. This goes for the eggs, too. Back to the butter, always unsalted butter, (unless the recipe specifically tells you to use salted) because most cookie recipes will have salt as one of the ingredients.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (room temperature)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips or 1 cup regular chocolate chips
- Preheat oven t o 350 degrees. Place a silicon baking mat (or use a sheet of parchment paper) on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl whisk the dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using either a electric hand mixer of stand mixer, beat together the butter, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy. This should take about 3-4 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until combined; about one minute.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed into the batter.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave about two inches between each cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, remove and place on cooling racks to completely cool.