This sheet pan sizzling sweet chicken and vegetables is a one-pan meal that isn’t overly spicy but does have a kick. It’s a perfect weeknight meal and leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
It’s a snow day here – in the south it’s rare but it’s happening today. Of course the itty bit of snow will be long gone by lunchtime. Southerners crack me up, towns close up because of the extreme cold weather (it’s a mere 26 degrees), roads become slick and some of the drivers have a hard time. The news reported so many fender benders this morning that the police asked people to stay off the roads. Schools are closed and even some businesses. I’m a Pennsylvania girl – this is crazy. While I get that it’s rare to snow and such here, but for us “northerners” this is nothing. Yes, you have to mindful of the roads and other drivers but life doesn’t stop!
Anyway, it’s a good time to share this sizzling sweet chicken and vegetables recipe with you. It’s a one-pan meal that will quickly become a family favorite. I will say it’s a bit spicy but the sweetness of the honey tones it down. If you’re not into spicy, simple cut back on the sriracha sauce, it will still a little kick but very mild. I don’t really care for SPICY SPICY food, but one of my daughters loves it and of course nothing is ever spicy or hot enough for her. She said it had a kick but still added more sriracha – haha!
I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com and adapted it to fit what I had on hand and our tastes. I used skinless and boneless chicken breasts; the original recipe calls for skin-on chicken thighs. Like I said, I used what I had on hand. The recipe is simple and the result is delicious. If you are doing a paleo or whole 30 diet, you can easily make your own sriracha sauce. I just didn’t have those ingredients on hand to do so.
Sizzling Sweet Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I love Springer Mountain Farms chicken)
- 12 oz package fresh green beans rinsed and trimmed
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 ½ lbs baby red potatoes rinsed and quartered
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sizzling Sweet Sauce ingredients:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce use less if you want it less spicy
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, place the green beans, onions, potatoes, and bell peppers; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle ¼ cup of Sizzling Sweet sauce over the vegetables and toss.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then place on top of vegetables. Brush the tops of the chicken with a bit of the Sizzling Sweet sauce.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165-175 degrees.
- Halfway through the cooking time, drizzle more of the sauce over the potatoes and chicken.
- Remove from oven and one more time, drizzle the remaining sauce onto the chicken and vegetables. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes; the sauce will start to brown and sizzle – this is the best part!
- Once done, remove from oven and let stand a couple of minutes and then enjoy!