Pink lemonade concentrate gives these Pink Lemonade Cookies a tart treat inside and out. Frosted with a quick homemade icing and sprinkled with pink sugar crystals, the cookies will be a hit for a refreshing sweet summertime treat.
Summertime in the south typically means hot, hot, and humid days. Let’s not forget the every day chance of a rain or thunderstorm. Turning on the oven to bake or cook anything is the last thing I want to do. So, when the baking bug hits me or someone wants me whip up a batch of cookies I turn to quick recipes that won’t heat up the kitchen for too long. This Pink Lemonade Cookie recipe is perfect for that moment when that cookie craving emerges.
Packaged sugar cookie mixes are great to dress up an ordinary sugar cookie. It’s so easy to make and the pink lemonade in the super quick homemade frosting is delicious. I love that this recipe can be made in a jiffy and it’s perfect for summer treat or even an after-school snack. It’s also another cookie that I used to send in my cookie care packages to my girls in college.
Totally now craving a Pink Lemonade Cookie…
Pink Lemonade Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 1 package 1 lb.1.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup frozen thawed pink lemonade concentrate
Pink Lemonade Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tbsp frozen thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with silpmat or use parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix all cookie ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or just until edges begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
To make the frosting:
- In medium bowl, mix 1/4 cup butter, the powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon concentrate, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed for desired consistency.
- Frost cookies.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Enter the Blue Ribbon Giveaway for your chance to win an blue ribbon apron or table runner from Katherine’s Corner Shop and $100!
Just click on the image below to ENTER