Often times I come across a recipe that becomes a family favorite both for the ease of the recipe and the taste. This Savory Herb Rice recipe is just that and the whole dish takes 10 minutes from start to finish.
To cut down on the sodium that some bouillon granules or cubes can contain; I choose to use low-sodium chicken bouillon granules and taste before adding any additional salt. We love this rice with this recipe for Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Rolls.
Savory Herb Rice
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp low-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp poultry seasoning I usually start with 1/2 tsp then add, if necessary
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice, water, bouillon and poultry seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.