The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks unsalted butter), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, silicon baking mats, or lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixture, combine butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients, and beat to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and the ground cinnamon. Using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop, form balls of the dough, and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place about two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are set in center and begin to crack (they will not brown), about 10 - 11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on pans for about five minutes before transferring the cookies to the cooling rack.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
** This recipe was originally published in December 2012. It has been updated with new images and republished.