This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Easy Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs are a fun and festive twist on the marshmallow treat. The perfect sweet treat for any celebration.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2019 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food and a week of sweet recipes?
30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! Get ready to ditch your hats, coats, and snow boots and get ready for some delicious sweet treats like cupcakes, cookies, sweet breads, and cocktails! Please check out the other sweet recipes linked up below this recipe.
I don’t know about you, but I am so glad Spring has sprung in my area. While we live in the south and rarely get snow or extreme cold temperatures, we do have wacky weather. We can have Spring, Winter, and Summer temperatures in the same week and even in the same day in the “winter” season.
I love making these Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs for snacking on or to take to springtime celebrations with family and friends. If you’ve ever made the rice cereal treats before, you know you need a large pot to mix the cereal into the melted marshmallows.
This Swiss Diamond Cast Iron Round Casserole is the perfect vessel to make the treats in. It’s big – it’s a 6.9 quart non-stick pot. Great to cook on top of the stove and in the oven. I just love the sapphire blue color, too.
I was super excited to receive this piece of cookware from Swiss Diamond in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek and while I was thinking of how delicious a pot roast would be in this, I also was thinking to use it for something sweet. Already knew Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs were going to happen.
The recipe couldn’t be simpler – slice up your favorite fruits and make a batch of the cereal treats. I used these cute cookie cutters to cut the fruit and cereal treats into shapes.
Tips for this Recipe:
This recipe is truly a cinch. Fresh fruit works best.
Be sure to let the crispy rice treats set for at least an hour before cutting into shapes. I found it was easier to remove the whole block of cereal treats from the pan and onto a cutting board.
The wooden skewers come in different sizes, use the size you wish.
The kabobs are best served fresh, but if you have to refrigerate them prior to serving, allow them to come to room temperature first. The cereal treats will be softer this way.
Remember to use a pot large enough to mix everything together.
Other Spring Sweets You May Enjoy:
Spring Rolo Pretzel Bites with Sprinkles – easy and quick sweet treat to make with pretzels and chocolate caramel candies
Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats – who can resist rice krispie treats?!
Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze – Lemon anything for a spring or summer dessert! Easy recipe to make.
Blueberry Flower Tarts – cute dessert that is easy to make using already made pie crust dough and fresh blueberries
Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs Recipe
Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs #SpringSweetsWeek
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 package 10 oz., or about 40 Marshmallows or 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- wooden skewers
- Fresh fruits such as: raspberries kiwi slices, orange wedges, grapes, pineapple chunks, watermelon, strawberries, etc
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch pan. Set aside.
- Melt margarine in Swiss Diamond Cast Iron Round Casserole or large Dutch oven over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in cereal until well coated.
- Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered pan and let cool for at least an hour before cutting into shapes or small squares.
- While the treats are cooling, cut the fruit into shapes.
- Alternating with fruit, thread the cereal treats onto the wooden skewers.
- Serve room temperature.
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n’ Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Strawberry and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
- Xangos by Palatable Pastime
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Disclaimer: Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.