Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make and a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen to help prepare them. Lemon flavor and colorful sprinkles make them an irresistible sweet treat.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food!
27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages!
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are the best. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Cookware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. Be sure to please check out the other sweet recipes linked up below.
In my area, it’s feeling more like summer than spring, but I’ll take it! I totally am not a summer person with the heat but I love spring. Spring has me thinking of all kinds of yummy recipes to make like these Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats.
Making these sweet pink lemonade rice krispie treats is easy and would be perfect for a spring baby shower, luncheon, or a delicious snack for kids of all ages. The pink lemonade in these comes from Adams Extract Lemon Extract and a pretty pink color gel. Topping the sweet marshmallow treats with colorful spring sprinkles from Fresh April Sprinkles is the perfect finishing touch.
Confession time: my wonderful husband loves the original Rice Krispie treats. I mean with no color, no flavoring, or sprinkles. So, when making these, I was curious if would even try one. He loves lemonade, so I had hope. I’m happy to say that he loved them! Said the lemon flavor gave them a delicious zing! How about that?! I’m thinking I’m making these shamrock rice krispie treats for him to try next!
Pink lemonade rice krispie treats ingredients
I mentioned that these cereal bars were easy to make and it’s super true. In fact, this is a perfect recipe for the kids in the kitchen to help with preparing them. You’ll need a bag of mini marshmallows, crispy rice cereal, a little bit of butter, lemon extract, pink food coloring, and sprinkles.
Making the sweet rice krispie treats
From there, you simply melt the butter with about 7 cups of mini marshmallows (the remaining 2 cups will be used later.)
Then mix in a few drops of pink food coloring (use the number of drops to get the desired pink color you want – I used 5-6 drops). Remove from heat and mix in the cereal. Once the cereal is incorporated, add the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
Spread into a very well-buttered (non-stick spray is good, too) 13×9-inch pan and press down gently. Add the sprinkles to the top, pressing lightly. Allow rice krispie treats to cool completely before cutting. If you just can’t wait that long, pop the pan into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
[socialrocket-tweet quote=”Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats will put smiles on your family’s faces!” tweet=”Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make and a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen to help prepare them. #cereal #lemonade #lemon #ricekrispies #treats #springsweetsweek #recipes #kids” style_id=”default”]
Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 7 cups (16 oz bag) mini marshmallows, divided
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 tsp lemon extract
- pink food coloring (or use a couple drops red)
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking pan, or use non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, or Dutch oven pot, melt the butter and 7 cups of the mini marshmallows over medium heat, until melted - stirring the whole time, so that the mixture doesn't stick or burn.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted add in the lemon extract and a few drops of pink food coloring. Use only a few drops at a time to get the color you want.
- Add the cereal and mix together. Once the cereal is incorporated, add the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows and combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and lightly pat down. Top with sprinkles and again, lightly press down. Allow mixture to cool completely before cutting into squares. You can also put the treats into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool quicker.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Auntie Ann’s Italian Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Blood Orange Madelines by Simply Inspired Meals
- Butter Pecan Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Butterscotch Pie with Pecan Crust by Art of Natural Living
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Carrot Cake Pecan Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Coconut Pineapple Bread by Family Around the Table
- Coffee Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls by Pastry Chef Online
- Coffee Pudding Cake by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Almond Poppyseed Bread by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon and Raspberry Mascarpone Cupcakes by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Buttercream Cake with Lemon Curd Filling by Jen Around the World
- Lemon Cake Pops by A Savory Feast
- Lemon Jelly Roll by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemonade Crinkles by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Lemony Baked Doughnuts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mint Chocolate Quick Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mocha Mint Mississippi mud brownies- by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Orange Posset by Shockingly Delicious
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats by Blogghetti
- Praline Ice Cream by Fresh April Flours
- Sponge Cake by Books n’ Cooks
- Spring Pastel Watercolor Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Turtle Layer Cake by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Carrot Cake Tea Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Disclaimer: Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.