Super simple and delicious Turkey Taco Skillet is a one-pan meal packed with all the flavors you love in a taco made in 30 minutes.
These days my mind is in overdrive with my never ending list of things that I want to get done in a day. Of course, I don’t ever finish the day’s list, because I keep adding to it so by the time someone in the house asks, “What’s for dinner?” I’m done. Done for the day.
That’s where one-pan meals come into play. Simple meals that pack a flavor punch are winners. This turkey taco skillet is all of that and more. I use my homemade taco seasoning, a jar of salsa, and a few other ingredients to whip this skillet dinner up in 30 minutes. Then the only question left is, “Who’s doing the dishes?”
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Turkey Taco Skillet (One Pan)
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning or 1 package taco seasoning
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 16-oz jar thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups instant rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add ground turkey and brown, breaking meat up into small pieces as it cooks .
- When turkey is nearly finished cooking, add the diced onion and cook till soft, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes. Cover skillet with a lid, turn off heat keeping the skillet on the burner. Let stand 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Works every time.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Leave a Reply