Pudding Cookies are soft, chewy, and the best chocolate chop cookie for your cookie cravings.
These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have had in a long time. My family has dubbed them the “Pudding Cookies.” The recipe comes from a wonderful high school friend, Theresa. The pudding is the secret! She makes these cookies on the large size so for her, it doesn’t make more that a couple dozen. I make them on the smaller size, so the recipe makes tons and they go fast!
I’ve made this recipe 100’s of times and they’ve gone in college care packages to the girls and their roommates. Always get the same comment – so good! Whatever size you make the cookies, adjust your baking times accordingly.
The cookies would be great to make on the larger size and add a scoop of ice cream between two and freeze. Easy ice cream sandwich!
- 4 - 4.5 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large box Instant Vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 12 oz bags semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (not the chocolate chips). Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butters, pudding mix, and both sugars until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each. Then add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating until combined after each addition.
- By hand, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by 1 1/2 tablespoons scoops on to baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees 9 - 11 minutes or until golden brown.
(Photos updated 10/20/17)
isulation service says
great blog !