Do you have an abundance of strawberries to use up? I had plenty to use and I froze tons but I wanted to save some to use in a dessert. I often make an apple tart so I thought I would try a strawberry one. This simple fruit tart is so easy to make and it is delicious. Typically I am not a pie-making person, only because some fruits (other than apples) do not seem to taste that great to me when they are warm. This tart definitely changed my mind!
Rustic Strawberry Tart
Author: Lisa Kerhin
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box (you only need one crust, unless you are making two)
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3¼ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Whipped Cream or ice cream, optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on cookie sheet.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch and then stir in the fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the strawberries into the middle of the crust and spread them out, to about two inches from the edge of the crust.
- Fold 2-inch crust edge up over filling by overlapping the folds.
- Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 sugar. This will give the crust a shine and a sweetness to it.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.Enjoy!