Do you have an abundance of strawberries to use up? I had plenty to use and I froze tons but I wanted to save some to use in a dessert. I often make an apple tart so I thought I would try a strawberry one. This simple fruit tart is so easy to make and it is delicious. Typically I am not a pie-making person, only because some fruits (other than apples) do not seem to taste that great to me when they are warm. This tart definitely changed my mind!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts softened as directed on box (you only need one crust, unless you are making two)
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 1/4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Whipped Cream or ice cream optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on cookie sheet.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch and then stir in the fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the strawberries into the middle of the crust and spread them out, to about two inches from the edge of the crust.
- Fold 2-inch crust edge up over filling by overlapping the folds.
- Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 sugar. This will give the crust a shine and a sweetness to it.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.Enjoy!
Sarah Honey says
Thank you so much for sharing & linking up at Thank You Honey’s Whatever Wednesday Party!! The party goes live every Tuesday! Let’s connect by adding me to your G+ circles or follow me on Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest as I already did with you!