This recipe for Seven Layer Dip is simple and delicious that turns your favorite “taco” toppings into a spicy dip. Perfect for game day, parties, picnics, or as we like to do – Christmas Even snack feast.
- 1 can 16 oz refried beans
- 1 package 1 oz taco seasoning mix
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can 4.5 oz chopped green chiles
- 1 cup salsa any variety
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can 2.25 oz sliced ripe olives, drained (1/2 cup) *
- 1 medium tomato diced (3/4 cup)
- Tortilla chips
- In medium bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread mixture on large platter.
- In another medium bowl, mix cream cheese and chiles. Carefully spread over bean mixture.
- Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.
- *I replaced the olives with chopped onion as we aren't big olive fans.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker