Mini versions of Garlic Monkey Bread are the perfect accompaniment to any pasta dish. Kids of all ages love them and they’re great to pull apart and dip into marinara sauce, too.
Pasta nights in our house call for bread of some sort to be served along side the main dish. I’m not how or why this is always required but it is. Now, there have been some pasta nights where bread was not served and I was repeatedly asked, “Is there bread?” Garlic bread, cheesy bread, rolls, breadsticks, some type of bread – they’re not picky!
On this particular pasta night, I didn’t want to wait around for the huge pan of Garlic Monkey Bread to be done so I opted for these cute mini versions of the garlicky bread. So simple to make and extremely quick to bake up in the oven. This is a great recipe for the kids to help with in the kitchen.
When they’re done baking (ohhh, they smell so good baking, too), everyone can have their own little “monkey” to pull apart and dip in the pasta sauce! Genius, I say!
- 2 cans (7.5 oz each) buttermilk biscuits
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra to sprinkle on top if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut biscuits into 4 pieces and place in a bowl. (use kitchen scissors to the cut up the biscuits quicker.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese together and pour over the biscuit pieces.
- It's easier to use your hands for this step to gently toss the biscuit pieces to get evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- In muffin pan (one that will hold 12 muffins), place 6 - 7 pieces of the biscuit dough into each muffin cup.
- Use the extra Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of the biscuit dough in the muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
- Best when served warm.
- Makes 12 mini garlic monkey breads.
- Slightly adapted from [Real Mom Kitchen|http://realmomkitchen.com/8750/mini-garlic-monkey-breads]