These Easy Garlic Knots are a fun twist on the classic garlic bread stick. Whether you dip them in marinara sauce or eat them as is, the don’t take long to make and are delicious.
My family has this thing with bread with pasta meals. It has to be served with any form of pasta dish. Now, I guess I shouldn’t limit it to just pasta dishes, they often as “is there bread?” with other meals and I just tell them “no”. Eyes are rolled but they take it in stride and eat on. I usually have the frozen garlic Texas toast on hand or a can of bread stick dough in the refrigerator so it’s not a problem with the request for garlic bread of some type with their spaghetti or this slow cooker lasagna.
We have this pizza joint here that makes the very best garlic knots – from scratch. They are light, very garlicky, and melt in your mouth. Before you know it, you’ve eaten like six of them and don’t even have room for the pizza that you ordered. Okay, there’s always room for pizza, but you get the point.
I wanted to make them at home but I was short on time (dinner was going to be ready in like 15 minutes) so I grabbed a can of these bread sticks and made my own version. They turned out so yummy and they were gone in seconds once served. (Note to self: make two batches next time).
The recipe couldn’t be simpler either – a can of the bread stick dough, melted butter with garlic and fresh herbs and bake.
Easy Garlic Knots
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can 11 oz Pillsbury refrigerated original bread sticks
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In small microwavable bowl, melt butter with garlic. Stir in basil and parsley; set aside.
- Unroll dough and separate into 12 bread sticks. Twist and tie each bread stick into a knot.
- Place each knot onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon garlic butter-herb mixture evenly over top of each knot.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Other Bread Recipes You May Enjoy
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!