This copycat recipe of Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits is made with sharp cheddar cheese and a garlic butter sauce with herbs. The delicious cheese biscuits will quickly become your favorite to eat.
I am one of those people who really doesn’t care for seafood. I like shrimp, and that’s pretty much all. I do, however, enjoy going to Red Lobster and munching on these Cheddar Bay Biscuits while waiting for my meal to arrive.
Making them at home is easy to do and these days, that’s pretty much how it goes. Not eating out as much has done a lot for me – more cooking healthier meals and not having to stress about being out with all that is going on in the world.
These biscuits are a cinch to whip up and have ready for any meal you are preparing. I buy baking mix for two reasons – waffles and this cheesy garlicky biscuit. Other than the baking mix, you probably already have everything to make these delicious sharp cheddar cheese biscuits.
How to Make Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Grab a bowl and add the baking mix, the shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and give it a mix to coat the cheese. Add the milk and combine together. The dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a bit more of the baking mix. Not too much, you don’t want dry biscuits.
Drop a heaping tablespoon or so of dough onto a greased baking sheet. I used a muffin scoop and it works well. Leave about 2 inches between each biscuit.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits are light brown.
When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 1/4 cup butter and parsley, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl in your microwave. Stir. Use a pastry brush or spoon to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cold whole milk
- 3/4 - 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese depending on your taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together Bisquick, cold milk, and grated cheese.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of the dough onto an greased cookie sheet. I used a muffin scoop and it works well
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 1/4 cup butter and parsley, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl in your microwave. Stir. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Serve warm
Other Bread Recipes You May Enjoy
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
*Post updated on September 28, 2020