This One-Pot Chili Mac has all of the flavors of chili but with pasta! Perfect weeknight dinner and clean up couldn’t be easier with one pan to wash.
Can I tell you how much I love easy recipes and comfort food? Then when you can combine the two into one delicious recipe that is on your table from start to finish in 30 minutes – it’s a win-win for everyone.
When dinner plans fell through, I knew I had to come up with something quick to make with what I had on hand. The weather outside has been rainy, dreary, and chilly so the first thing that came to my mind was chili!
I didn’t have enough time to make my favorite chili recipe so I went with the next best thing – combine chili with my other favorite comfort food, mac & cheese. The ingredients in this One Pot Chili Mac recipe are items you probably already have in your pantry as well.
This semester of my classes have been the hardest yet and it’s nearly over and my family did have to figure out dinner on many nights but with recipes such as this one, it was a no-brainer for them. I have been seriously enjoying remaking the boxed “helper” meals over to be healthier and an added bonus is everything cooks in one pot!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”This One-Pot Chili Mac has all of the flavors of chili but with pasta! Perfect weeknight dinner and clean up couldn’t be easier with one pan to wash. #chili #pasta #onepan #dinner #beef #chilimac #goodeats” quote=”You can stress less when you know dinner is takes just 30 minutes and one pot!”]
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground ground beef
- 32 oz unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Red Gold diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (15 oz) Red Gold tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 oz) light red kidney beans (don't drain)
- 3 tbsp [Homemade Chili Seasoning mix | https://blogghetti.com/2015/01/homemade-chili-seasoning-mix.html] **
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 16 oz box uncooked shell pasta
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese,
- sliced green onions
- shredded cheese
- In a large dutch oven, combine onion and ground beef over medium-high heat. Cook until browned, about 5-8 minutes, breaking the meat up as it cooks. When ground beef is cooked through, add the garlic and let cook another minute.
- Add the chicken stock, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili seasoning mix, salt and pepper, and pasta. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, until noodles are soft and tender. Stir occasionally so the noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and stir into pot of chili.
- Top with sliced green onions and shredded cheese if desired when serving.
- ** If you do not have the ingredients to make the Homemade Chili Seasoning mix, you can substitute a package of chili seasoning mix and adjust the added salt accordingly.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!