The simple glaze on these Oven Baked Pork Chops add so much flavor to the otherwise boring pork chop. The sauce is a mixture of brown sugar, ketchup, and Dijon mustard. It makes the most delicious glaze and that thick slice of onion bakes on top of the pork chops perfectly. So good!
Recently my husband and I have entered a mini “empty nest” phase and with that comes dinner foods that we love but the kids did not. It was a rarity to have pork in any form other than breakfast sausage for any meal. However, now that the youngest has left the nest temporarily, we are indulging in pork a bit more, not much more but at least I can have it on the menu a couple of times a month now. We loved these Oven Baked Pork Chops and now that I think about it, I can’t wait to make these again!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 large onion slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Season each pork chop with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, Dijon mustard, and garlic; whisk well.
- Place pork chops in a prepared baking dish and spoon the brown sugar mixture over them.
- Add onion slices to the top of each pork chop.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Baste pork chops halfway through cooking and uncover. Continue to bake until the pork chops are cooked through.
Other Quick and Easy Pork Chop Recipes: