All of the delicious flavors of s’mores are packed into these soft and chewy cookies. Tiny marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate chips fill these S’mores Cookies and no campfire needed!
I have a love-hate relationship with grocery shopping. I hate going but I love perusing the aisles and looking at new products and finding new ways to jazz up the foods we normally buy. I probably am one of the few that enjoyed taking my girls to the grocery store when they were young. Yes, they asked for items constantly and when they were old enough they placed items in the cart when they thought I wasn’t looking (Moms have eyes in the back of their heads, ya know). Fast forward to now – I hate going grocery shopping whether it’s with one of the girls, hubby, or alone. It’s just sucks the life out of me – then I see something new on the shelf and get all excited about the product and it’s like I got my second wind. The dreaded chore then becomes a happy time – until I hit the checkout lines. Seriously, I must know exactly when it is the busiest time to go (even when I go different days and times) and the world proclaimed it to be “grocery shopping day”. I mutter to myself that I can get through this because there is Starbucks on the way out of the store! Reward! Yes! Life is good.
Getting the groceries from the car to the house is another chore I hate – it’s humid and hot here in middle Georgia from like May to October. Thank goodness, I have rules for this “grocery shopping day” – I make one trip in the house and anyone and everyone that is home at that moment must carry the rest in. I mean it’s only fair, I shop, put it all away, and cook the food. Right? That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Sadly, these days I have to enforce the rule on me, myself, and I. Yea, grocery shopping sucks the life out of me.
On a recent trip, I found this little bag of happiness! Hershey’s S’mores Baking Pieces! I hadn’t baked cookies in awhile now so I was due. The package contains tiny marshmallows and graham cracker pieces and of course, chocolate chips. It was hard to not just snack on the entire bag and forgo the baking.
The S’mores Cookies are simple to make and so yummy to eat – it’s best you make a double batch. Just saying.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups (7-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S S'mores Baking Pieces, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter and brown sugar well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly blended.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually into butter-sugar mixture.
- Set aside ½ cup baking pieces and stir, by hand, the remaining pieces into cookie dough.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Randomly top cookie dough balls with the reserved baking pieces, pressing lightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Recipe from Hershey's