30+ of the Best Christmas Cookies for your holiday baking. This collection of easy and delicious cookies is perfect for gift-giving, treats, cookie exchanges, and more! There’s chocolate, ginger, snickerdoodles, sugar, and more. Definitely something for everyone on your list.
It’s that time of year! The holiday season is here and I’m sharing more than 30 of my favorite holiday cookies from the blog. It’s time to get baking! I love baking cookies at Christmastime! On a day of marathon baking, I’m exhausted and smiling. Smiling because I’ve baked so many delicious cookies for sharing, freezing, and eating!
Table of Contents
- Get the Kids Baking!
30+ Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 1. Italian Christmas Cookies
- 2. Chewy Gingerdoodles
- 3. Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies
- 4. Sugar Plum Thumbprint Cookies
- 5. The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 6. Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 7. Christmas Crinkle Cookies
- 8. Raspberry Shortbread Cookies
- 9. Blueberry Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies with a Lemon Glaze
- 10. White Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 11. Candy Cane Cookies
- 12. Buckeye Thumbprint Cookies
- 13. Soft and Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 14. Eggnog Blossoms
- 15. Soft Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- 16. German Chocolate Cookies
- 17. Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 18. Candy Cane Blossoms
- 19. Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 20. Chai Sugar Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 21. Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 22. Strawberry Cheesecake Crinkle Cookies with Sprinkles
- 23. Double Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cookies
- 24. Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 25. Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 26. Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- 27. Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles
- 28. Soft Frosted Banana Nut Bread Cookies
- 29. Pudding Cookies (aka Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies)
- 30. Chocolate Chip Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- 31. Soft and Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 32. Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Get the Kids Baking!
Baking cookies is a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen, too. They can help with almost all aspects of baking. My girls loved to cut out sugar cookies and decorate them with frosting and sprinkles….lots of sprinkles.
Using wax paper to cover the entire surface of your table is great for keeping the mess somewhat contained and easy clean up. The sprinkles and icing may get everywhere but the wax paper helps contain most of the mess.
Plastic cups and knives are great to have on hand to mix up different colors of icing. See how the frosting and sprinkles stay on the wax paper (for the most part)?
Of course, sugar cookies aren’t the only cookies the children can help make. Pretty much any cookie recipe can be made with them.
30+ Christmas Cookie Recipes
If you’re looking for classic recipes, chocolate cookies, peppermint, or decorated ones with frosting and sprinkles, you’ll find a bit of everything on this list. Many of the recipes will use items that you may have in your pantry such as brown sugar, white granulated sugar, flour, eggs, butter, and of course all the holiday sprinkles.
1. Italian Christmas Cookies
Italian Christmas Cookies are delicious cake-like cookies with a hint of anise, topped with a sweet glaze and sprinkles.
2. Chewy Gingerdoodles
Chewy Gingerdoodles are a cross of a snickerdoodle and a soft gingerbread cookie. It’s filled with a zingy combination of spices that include ground ginger, cinnamon, and along with a bit of molasses.
3. Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies
Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies are chewy oatmeal cookies infused with maple flavor with a delicious cream filling.
4. Sugar Plum Thumbprint Cookies
Sugar Plum Thumbprint Cookies are sweet butter cookies that have been taken over the top with a dollop of cream cheese frosting and a gumdrop; then dusted with powdered sugar.
5. The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies is a buttery cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked to perfection.
6. Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are the best for spur-of-the-moment cravings or for baking up goodies for holiday trays and care packages.
7. Christmas Crinkle Cookies
Christmas Crinkle Cookies also start with a boxed cake mix with some additional pantry items. Very festive on cookie trays.
8. Raspberry Shortbread Cookies
Raspberry Shortbread Cookies are buttery with a bit of raspberry jam in the center and topped with an almond glaze.
9. Blueberry Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies with a Lemon Glaze
Blueberry Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies with a Lemon Glaze are great to give as gifts with some tea and a pretty teacup.
10. White Chocolate Espresso Cookies
White Chocolate Espresso Cookies are a chocolate and coffee lover’s dream cookie!
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Continuing with more festive cookie recipes for your holiday cookie tray. If I were to give you a tip for all of these delicious recipes, it would be they aren’t just for Christmas! Many of the cookies can be used for other holidays like Valentine’s Day and Easter.
11. Candy Cane Cookies
Candy Cane Cookies are infused with peppermint and vanilla extracts and shaped into cute candy cane shapes.
12. Buckeye Thumbprint Cookies
Buckeye Thumbprint Cookies are a combination of chocolate and peanut butter and are one of my favorite cookies.
13. Soft and Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best soft and chewy cookies that I have made. They are requested throughout the year, not just during the holidays.
14. Eggnog Blossoms
Eggnog Blossoms are a fun way to celebrate the holidays and all things cookies. I’ve added a white chocolate kiss to the top of each cookie, for an even more festive look and taste.
15. Soft Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Soft Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies will add a bit of sunshine to the wintery days. Check the post out for the secret ingredients to make this cookie soft! You’ll be adding this one to your Christmas Cookie Recipes list.
20 Delicious and Easy Christmas Desserts
16. German Chocolate Cookies
German Chocolate Cake Cookies are made from scratch and fulfill that craving for the classic cake.
17. Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies always make my husband happy when I bake them. I’ve been making this recipe for over 40 years!
18. Candy Cane Blossoms
Candy Cane Blossoms are such festive cookies. Of course, these “blossom” cookies aren’t limited to peppermint, you can use whatever candy kiss flavor you enjoy. Change up the colored sugar for other festive occasions.
19. Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies really are the best ever. If I make them, I really have to give them away or I will devour each and every one.
20. Chai Sugar Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
Chai Sugar Cookies are drizzled with a yummy Eggnog Frosting. These cookies have it all and just may be my NEW favorite way to enjoy the warm spices of the tea.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
Over halfway through the list and I already want to preheat the oven to bake all of the cookies. Have you found any new favorite Christmas cookies yet?
21. Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies is your answer to all of the cookie cravings.
22. Strawberry Cheesecake Crinkle Cookies with Sprinkles
Strawberry Cheesecake Crinkle Cookies start with a cake mix. Adding a few other ingredients and, of course, sprinkles and you have one yummy cookie.
23. Double Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cookies
Who can resist double chocolate mint cookies? I sure can’t. Another cake mix cookie recipe to make baking life a little easier. This one even has directions to package the mix as a gift!
24. Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Change up your oatmeal cookies by adding white chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans.
25. Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies
Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies really do spread the holiday cheer with their red and green colors.
26. Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Soft Gingerbread Cookies are loaded with warm holiday spices and white chocolate chips.
27. Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles
Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles give the classic cookie a nutty twist.
28. Soft Frosted Banana Nut Bread Cookies
Soft Frosted Banana Nut Bread Cookies are such a delicious twist on the quick bread.
29. Pudding Cookies (aka Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies)
Pudding Cookies, as dubbed by my youngest daughter years ago, are so good. Adding instant pudding to the cookie dough batter makes for a delicious soft cookie.
30. Chocolate Chip Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Chocolate Chip Peppermint Crunch Cookies are filled with chocolate and peppermint goodness. A cake mix cookie recipe like this one is the perfect base to make so many different cookies.
31. Soft and Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Have you ever made Chocolate Sugar Cookies? They are one delicious cookie. Easy to make and no cookie cutters needed.
32. Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
This Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies recipe is perfect for Christmas cookie trays and to give as gifts, or you can just do what we did and eat them while we were watching the new season of The Crown.
There you have it – 30+ Best Christmas Cookies for you to bake and spread joy this holiday season! Time to bake cookies! If you need even more cookie recipes, check out these tasty recipes.
Know a chocolate lover? Check out these 10 delicious and easy chocolate recipes
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Leave a Reply