Start the day off right with these tasty and easy Breakfast Tacos. Filled with hash brown potatoes, sausage, eggs, and cheese this breakfast meal will quickly become a family favorite.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It does not change the price you pay. , I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
I don’t even know when the first time our family had these breakfast tacos, it seems like they have been a part of our menu forever. It’s probably the most requested meal for breakfast or dinner. There isn’t anything fancy or special about them; they are just so yummy. The sausage we use is seasoned with hot pepper and other seasonings but we have used name brand sausages as well as store brand and it’s all good!
Whether you use homemade hash browns or frozen from the store, it’s all good. This is a simple recipe and maybe that’s why it’s our favorite. While some of us like to roll them up burrito-style, filling the shell and eating them taco-style is preferred by others.
I’ve teamed up with #OurFamilyTable to share our favorite breakfast recipes with you. It’s a delicious assortment of recipes, and let me tell you – I can eat breakfast foods for any meal of the day! I’m excited to try these recipes out on my family. Be sure to check all the recipes out at the end of this post.
Tips to Make this Recipe:
Typically, I have a bag of frozen diced potatoes on hand, but not always. When I don’t I dice up a few russets, or baby red potatoes to use. Be sure your dice cuts are small, so that the potatoes cook quickly and brown nicely.
After cooking your sausage, you want to drain it to remove as much grease as possible. Once I drain the meat, I set it on a paper towel lined plate to remove more grease while the potatoes are cooking.
Sometimes, we like to add other fillings like diced tomatoes, leftover roasted broccoli, or diced jalapenos.
Be sure to use a skillet or pan that will hold everything and leave room to mix it all up.
Freeze them! I love the fact that you can roll them up burrito-style and then freeze them. Make a double batch and freeze them for quick morning (or dinner) meals. Just pop in the microwave and reheat.
- 1 pound sausage (whatever your favorite brand is)
- 3-4 medium potatoes, dice into small cubes.
- 1 cup mixture of diced onion, red and green bell peppers**
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- 9 – 12 eggs, beaten (depending on how many people you need to feed)
- Shredded cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Flour tortilla shells***
- Crumble and brown the sausage, drain, and set aside when done.
- While the sausage is cooking, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Add potatoes, and diced onions & peppers. Add Mrs. Dash Table Blend, to taste (or you can use salt and pepper.)
- When the potatoes are almost brown enough and cooked through, add the sausage and mix together.
- Cook for a few more minutes till the potatoes are done and the sausage is reheated.
- Add the beaten eggs and let then set up a few minutes.
- Turn mixture over a few times till the eggs are done.
- Heat tortilla shells up in the microwave.
- Spoon mixture immediately in the shells, and top with cheese and salsa, if desired.
**Use whatever color peppers you have on hand.
***Heating them in the microwave is quickest but you can also heat them up in the oven. Wrap them in foil and heat in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes.
Some of my favorite “tried and true” items used in this recipe:
Breakfast Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
- Banana Bread Cinnamon Rollls by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chewy Granola Bars with Pecans and Cranberries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Eggs Benedict Casserole by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Family-Favorite Breakfast Tacos by Blogghetti
- Fried Egg Sandwiches with Homemade Sourdough Buns by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Irish Ulster Fry Breakfast by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Candied Cranberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mickey Mouse Waffles by Simply Inspired Meals
- Mushroom Swiss Bread Boats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!