Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower-Garlic Breadsticks looks and tastes like cheesy bread!
Every now and then I come across a recipe that I just KNOW no one else in my family will enjoy but me. OK, this may happen more than every now and then but you know where I am going with this. Sometimes you just have to make something for YOU to enjoy and not worry about anyone else. This “cheese bread stick” is a perfect example of what I am talking about. While they didn’t rave about it, they didn’t say it wasn’t good either, just that they didn’t prefer it. Yea.. you know what that means…more for me! Win-Win, if you ask me. While this cheese bread stick does have cheese, it also contains a vegetable and no flour so it is a better substitute for garlic bread. Serve them up with your next spaghetti dinner or just as a evening snack.
Cauliflower and Garlic Cheese Sticks
- 1/4 to 1/3 of a large head of cauliflower riced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg white lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning divided
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a 8" by 8"pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
- To “rice” the cauliflower, use your cheese grater to grate it or toss it in a food processor and pulse till "riced". When you’re done, you should have about 1.5 cups lightly packed.
- Place the riced cauliflower into a microwavable bowl and microwave until softened, about 5 minutes depending on your microwave (DO NOT add any water).
- While that is cooking, heat the oil in a small skillet over low heat and add your garlic until softened.
- Add the garlic mixture to the softened cauliflower and mix in the lightly beaten egg white, 1/2 tsp of the Italian seasonings, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Stir and mix well, then spread onto your prepared pan. It will be a thin layer.
- Bake until it just starts to turn golden brown; about 20 - 30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven, flip the loaf over so the bottom side is now on top (remove parchment paper) and add the remaining cheese and a sprinkle with the rest of the Italian herb seasoning.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Cool (until they harden slightly) and cut into pieces and serve hot or warm.
- Serve with marinara sauce, if desired.