This easy to make homemade chili seasoning mix is simple, using 10 common spices that you probably already have. Takes only a few minutes to combine.
*Photos updated 11/24/20
After I found out what was in my favorite taco seasoning packet and made my own Taco Seasoning, I wanted to make one that could be used for chili. It’s nice to know exactly what is in the mix you are using and you can change the amounts to suit your taste buds. I did base it on my taco seasoning mix so you can see that I simply changed amounts of the spices and added some others to the mix.
Since this easy to make homemade chili seasoning mix uses 10 spices that you most likely have in your pantry, you can make a large batch to keep on hand. Simply double or triple the amounts I have in the recipe.
Don’t forget to check out Tasty Tuesdays’ Link Party below the recipe! So many recipes you may want to add to your menus!
It takes only a few minutes to measure and mix up this homemade chili seasoning. I normally will just triple the amount and keep in a glass jar; then measure out what I need. Two tablespoons is the equivalent of one package of store-bought chili mix.
Easy to Make Homemade Chili Seasoning Mix
- 4 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 -3 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
- If stored in an air tight container, it will stay fresh for about a year.
- To use the seasoning mix in chili, tacos, or fajitas; start with about 2 tablespoons per one pound of ground beef or chicken and go from there, tasting to see if you need more.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!