After I found out what was in my favorite taco seasoning packet and made my own Taco Seasoning, I wanted to make one that could be used for chili, fajitas and even tacos. It’s nice to know exactly what is in the mix you are using and you can change the amounts to suit your tastebuds. I did base it on my taco seasoning mix so you can see that I simply changed amounts of the spices and added some others to the mix.
- 4 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 -3 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
- If stored in an air tight container, it will stay fresh for about a year.
- To use the seasoning mix in chili, tacos, or fajitas; start with about 2 tablespoons per one pound of ground beef or chicken and go from there, tasting to see if you need more.