This is a yummy peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips lightly melted on top. I used to make them with the Hershey Kisses on top but one of my girls told me to try the chocolate chips and while, it does take a bit more time to top the cookies with them, it is a little bit of chocolate in every yummy bite.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chocolate chips
- Mix first 3 ingredients together, then add the peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, whisk together.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Mix remaining flour mixture into batter.
- Roll dough into small one inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with fork to make criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven till cookie is just about done - still kind of spongy - about 7 minutes.
- Pull sheet from oven and place 4 or 5 chocolate chips on top of each cookie, pressing very slightly. Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Tip - for just about any cookie recipe, you can add a slice of bread to the container of cookies to keep the cookies soft.