You’ve seen the big cookie cakes in the bakeries or the mall cookie shops. They are so expensive but so good too. A wonderful friend made one for her daughter’s birthday one year and I had to have the recipe!
Big Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1 boxed cake mix any flavor ( I tend to stick to yellow) - DO NOT use cake mixes with pudding in the mix
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips if desired
- Mix first three ingredients well. Stir in chips.
- Spread out evenly in pan of your choice, cookie sheet or small pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.
- Let cool and then decorate as desired. Easy! Cheap! Yummy!
She shared it with me and I was amazed at how simple it was. The first time I made one, I made it into a “pizza” and added such things as fruit roll up “pepperonis”, gummy bears, M&Ms and coconut “cheese”. The frosting was colored red for the sauce. I wish I had taken a picture! Future creations weren’t at creative as the girls’ sweet tooth diminished as they got older. My daughter requested one for her 18th birthday this past March so I did take one of that! And yes those are Halloween sprinkles – ya gotta use what ya got on hand sometimes!