This is a yummy peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips lightly melted on top. I used to make them with the Hershey Kisses on top but one of my girls told me to try the chocolate chips and while, it does take a bit more time to top the cookies with them, it is a little bit of chocolate in every yummy bite.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chocolate chips
- Mix first 3 ingredients together, then add the peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, whisk together.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Mix remaining flour mixture into batter.
- Roll dough into small one inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with fork to make criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven till cookie is just about done - still kind of spongy - about 7 minutes.
- Pull sheet from oven and place 4 or 5 chocolate chips on top of each cookie, pressing very slightly. Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Tip - for just about any cookie recipe, you can add a slice of bread to the container of cookies to keep the cookies soft.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.