Family handed down recipes are the best but so are the recipes you get from great friends. Recipes like this jumbo cookie cake. It’s the easiest and quickest cookie cake I’ve ever baked and you can decorate it for any holiday or occasion. In fact, my girls have requested this cookie cake in place of the traditional cake for their birthdays several times.
I’ve even made this cake when the girls have forgotten to tell me they needed a treat for school or Girls Scouts.
The cookie cake dough will be a bit sticky and very thick but it spreads easily on this small pizza pan. I’ve even used a small jelly roll pan to bake it.
Red, White, and Blue Cookie Cake
- 1 boxed cake mix any flavor ( I tend to stick to yellow) – DO NOT use cake mixes with pudding in the mix
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips if desired
- canned white frosting
- red white, and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first three ingredients well. Stir in chips.
- Spread out evenly in pan of your choice, cookie sheet or small pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.
- Let cool and then decorate with frosting and sprinkles.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
This Red, White, and Blue jumbo Cookie recipes uses a boxed cake mix as it’s base. From there, you can decorate it as you would like to for any holiday or occasion.