This Fruity Watermelon Pizza is easy to make and perfect for a light summer dessert. Dessert pizza with berries and a cream cheese drizzle over a thick ripe slice of watermelon is great for kids and healthy, too.
In case you missed it, this is the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Summer desserts are the best, if you ask me and I have been loving all of the recipes being shared using the #SummerDessertsWeek hashtag.
Did you miss Monday’s recipe? Check out easy Homemade Peach Sorbet – 3 ingredients!
Middle of the week and I’ve got an easy one for you today. Have fun creating this fruit pizza using a thick slice of ripe watermelon as the pizza “crust” and top it with the fruit you have or love.
I love watermelon recipes and this one is no exception since it’s really super easy and quick to put together. It’s a perfect last minute dessert to take to a summer cookout or have for dessert after a nice dinner.
This sweet fruit dessert is refined sugar-free, dairy free, and low carb. Of course, there is natural sugar from the fruit so if you’re watching your sugar intake, take note of that.
How to Make Fruity Watermelon Pizza
You will want to make sure you have a sharp knife to cut a 1 – 1 1/2 inch slice of watermelon. It’s best to make your first cut into the watermelon just to the left of the center and then gauge the one inch you will need before making the second cut.
Once you have your watermelon slice, it’s time to whip up an easy cream cheese drizzle to use as the “sauce” on the pizza. You’ll need a small bowl, cream cheese, heavy cream, fresh lemon juice, and vanilla extract. I didn’t add any sweetener because the sweetness of the fruit balances it out. Mix all of the icing ingredients together and then drizzle over your “pizza crust”.
Top the pizza with fresh fruit. I used raspberries and blackberries this time as that is what I had. Blueberries, slices of kiwi, strawberries and other fruit would be delicious as well. Once you have the fruit on, slice into wedges and enjoy. You can chill before eating if you would like to, but not necessary.
Easy Fruity Watermelon Pizza
- 1 round slice of watermelon, 1 - 1 1/2 inches thick
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 - 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- You will want to make sure you have a sharp knife to cut a 1 – 1 1/2 inch slice of watermelon. It’s best to make your first cut into the watermelon just to the left of the center and then gauge the one inch you will need before making the second cut.
- In a small bowl, blend the cream cheese, heavy cream, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. I didn’t add any sweetener because the sweetness of the fruit balances it out.
- Drizzle cream cheese icing over your “pizza crust”
- Top the pizza with fresh fruit. I used raspberries and blackberries this time as that is what I had. Blueberries, slices of kiwi, strawberries and other fruit would be delicious as well. Once you have the fruit on, slice into wedges and enjoy. You can chill before eating if you would like to, but not necessary.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts:
- Caramelized Pineapple No-Churn Ice Cream from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberries from Our Sutton Place
- Coffee Panna Cotta from Pastry Chef Online
- Strawberry Margarita Popsicles from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pineapple-Orange Sherbet Popsicles from Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Pops from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Mason Jar Lid Cherry Cheesecake Pies from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Southern Pineapple Sunshine Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Key Lime Sheet Cake from It’s Shanaka
No Bake Treats:
- Fruity Watermelon Pizza from Bloggetti
- Chocolate Chess Pie from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bourbon Peach Empanadas from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Rhubarb Thumbprints from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Caramel Banana Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Julie Pollitt says
Now that is the perfect pizza for summertime!
What a fun dessert idea! I love the added drizzle!
Love this idea, I’m always looking for fun poolside snacks!
Jessica Formicola says
This is such a fun idea! A great way to enjoy dessert while also being healthy!
This would make a great dessert at a summer party or gathering! Fun idea!
Christie Campbell says
What a fun and healthy way to finish a meal! And that glaze has so many uses.