These super easy and tasty pork chops are slow cooked in a sweet and tangy sauce made from maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It does not change the price you pay. , I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
How often do you use your Slow Cooker? I really don’t even know what I would do if I didn’t have mine. It has saved dinner on many occasions. Busy days in our house mean someone (meaning me) has to figure out what to have ready for dinner each evening. Sometimes it is easy with quick one-pan meals, but sometimes I just want to crash when I come home.
This is where, with a little planning, my slow cooker came into the scene. Spending a few minutes in the evening to prep for dinner the next day, then in the morning toss it all in the slow cooker and go on with my day. Knowing all I have to do when I got home would be to cook up a couple of vegetables is a great stress-reliever.
This recipe is perfect for prepping the night before and even preparing the sides the night before is easy peasy. I knew when Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures suggested we do a slow cooker recipe event with #OurFamilyTable that this was the recipe I wanted to share with you. Be sure to check out all of our recipe for this event at the end of this post.
Tips for this Recipe:
I use bone-in pork chops that are at least one inch thick. If you use thinner, or boneless chops, beware that cooking time may be less. I prefer bone-in with this recipe over boneless because they turn out super moist.
You can brown the pork chops or not, totally a personal preference.
To prep this dish the night before: brown the pork chops on both sides and place in a container. Slice your onion and place on top of the meat. Cover and place in the refrigerator. In the morning, Take the pork chops and onions and place in your slow cooker. Mix the sauce and pour over meat and onions. Cook as directed in recipe.
Change up the sauce with honey and Dijon OR maple and stone-ground mustard.
Sides I prep: veggie to roast or grill, tossed salad, and/or rice pilaf (I’ll go ahead and make this and then just reheat the next day).
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Put your slow cooker to work with these Maple Dijon Pork Chops. #pork #slowcooker #crockpot #maple #Dijon #paleo #healthy #simpleanddelicious #goodeats” quote=”I love that the pork chops fall right off the bone, and that sauce is a perfect mix of sweet and tangy.”]
Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Pork Chops
- 4- bone-in pork chops at least one inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced thick
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat 2 tablspoons of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper (I omit the salt but add to your personal tastes)
- Brown pork chops in a large skillet, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and place pork chops at the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with the sliced onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Pour on top of pork chops and onions.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, depending on how thick your pork chops are. Mine took about 4 hours and 20 minutes. Remember, boneless and thinner chops will cook quicker.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Some of my favorite “tried and true” items used in this recipe:
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock-Pot Spinach and Chicken Lasagna by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Dip Sliders (Slow Cooker & Instant Pot) by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches by Sweet Beginnings
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Pork Chops by Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Pea Soup with Potatoes and Ham by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Swiss Steak by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!