Other delicious ways that we enjoy the taco chicken is to serve in flour tortilla shells or hard taco shells. I’ve used the chicken in enchiladas, burrito bowls, and even turned the filling into nachos. Simplest recipe to make with the simplest ingredients.
One tip when freezing this meal: be sure to include all the extra liquid so it doesn’t dry out. Sometimes, I even add a bit of extra salsa when freezing.
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- one pkg of your favorite taco seasoning mix I use taco bell brand
- one large jar of your favorite picante or salsa sauce (32 oz) - I use pace mild picante.
- Mix the picante sauce and taco seasoning together - if you have picky kids that don't like "chunks" in their sauce, just put it in the blender for a couple of whirls.
- Place chicken in crockpot, pour over sauce mixture and cook for about 5 - 6 hours on low...shred the chicken and cook for one more hour.