These Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches are perfect for a summer cookout or to bring to a potluck. This pulled beef recipe is easy to prepare and slow cooks all day to perfection.
Have I mentioned to you that I love my slow cooker? I do. It’s true. It’s been one of those weeks where I need to have easy planned meals so that I can concentrate on the tasks to be accomplished. One of those tasks was to clean out the deep freezer. Not a task I enjoy. It’s really more organizing than cleaning out, rearranging everything so I can take inventory and see what I might need to buy. I found a beef roast in the midst of the mess I was creating in completing this reorganization. I knew exactly what I was going to have for dinner the next night – BBQ Pulled Beef Sandwiches and this Creamy Coleslaw.
This recipe is also a perfect one to add to today’s #OurFamilyTable’s theme of Best BBQ Recipes. Our Facebook group of foodies got together to share our favorites today. Check them out at the end of this post.
This recipe that I made makes the most delicious pulled beef sandwiches. Whether you serve these tasty sandwiches on hearty hard rolls or mini burger buns, you cannot go wrong.
If you prefer to make a homemade BBQ sauce, this is recipe is definitely one to make. It turns out great every time.
- beef chuck roast
- bbq sauce
I’ve made these BBQ beef sandwiches several times and we’re never disappointed. Sometimes I will brown the roast before putting it in the slow cooker, other times, like this one, I just did the dump and go method.
First thing I do is spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick spray – helps with cleanup. Season roast with salt and pepper. Then place the roast (trimmed of all visible fat) in the slow cooker, top with chopped onion and minced garlic.
Pour your bottle of BBQ sauce over the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Shredded the meat with a fork and give it a good stir in the sauce. Cover again and cook for another hour. If you want to cook this on high do so for about 4-5 hours and then shred the meat and cook another hour.
Pile the beef filling into buns and serve with coleslaw or your choice of side.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
For the roast
- 1 medium onion chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 – 3 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast trimmed of fat
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) Sweet Baby Rays sweet and spicy BBQ sauce
- Hard Rolls
For the roast
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with onion and garlic.
- Pour over the bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Cover and continue to cook on low** for 6-7 hours. Shred meat with fork and stir back into sauce. Cover again and cook one more hour before serving. Pile filling into rolls.
- **If you prefer to cook beef on high, do so for 4-5 hours and then shred. Cook another hour.
Other BBQ Recipes You May Enjoy
- Paleo Tangy BBQ Pulled Pork – another slow cooker BBQ sandwich filling
- Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans – fresh green beans slow cooked in a delicious BBQ sauce
- Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken – a little spicy yet sweet sauce to glaze grilled chicken with
- Cowboy Beans – a quick baked bean side dish
#OurFamilyTable’s Best Barbecue Recipes
- Iowa BBQ Soup from Art of Natural Living
- Kalua Pork from That Recipe
- Korean BBQ Flanken Style Ribs from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches from Blogghetti
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!