This healthy, simple, and delicious sheet pan roasted chicken and vegetables is ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for busy nights!
By now you know my love for one pan meals. I probably make more of them than I blog and that’s because by the time I can grab the camera and stage for the dish, someone has already decided it was dinnertime and half the meal is on a plate being eaten. This was one of those meals. I purposely didn’t announce that dinner would be on the table in a few minutes until I took the photos. Success!
This Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is the best not only because it tastes so good but it’s simple to prep and cook. Clean up is a breeze since you will only be cooking on one pan. I realize not many people are overly fond of Brussels sprouts but I maintain it’s because you either haven’t tried them or you haven’t been cooking them correctly. I grew up on steamed veggies or heated up from a can (nothing wrong there!) but once I got married and left to cook on my own I tried roasting various vegetables and loved it! I still steam vegetables, Brussels sprouts too, but they tastes so much better roasted. The olive oil and the roasting method just brings out so much flavor from whatever vegetable you are using.
Still not convinced of eating Brussels sprouts? No worries, change out the vegetables to carrots, green beans, or whatever! You may have to adjust the cooking time you put them on the sheet pan to cook but it will still be a one pan meal. My family are “potato” people. If I make this meal without potatoes, they seem to wait for them to appear before deciding I have lost my mind and forgot.
The dressing for this meal is simply lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, and garlic. Chicken and lemon. It’s perfect.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups small red potatoes, halved crosswise
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1½ tsp minced garlic, divided
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Place on the sheet tray: potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- In a small measuring cup, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic, and lemon zest. Drizzle over the vegetables, tossing to coat well.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the vegetables in the center of the sheet tray.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the remaining ½ teaspoon minced garlic, lemon juice, thyme, salt and black pepper evenly over the chicken breasts and vegetables.
- Roast chicken breasts and vegetables in a pre-heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender and golden brown. Let chicken rest for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
- Recipe adapted from Perdue.com
Other One Pan Meals you may enjoy: