A one pan meal of Italian Sausages, carrots, potatoes, onions, and bell peppers all roasted in the oven with a rosemary, Parmesan cheese, and Dijon dressing. Simple, delicious, and clean-up is a breeze!
I love one pan meals, whether it’s on the stove-top or oven; they are just the best! Most are easy to prep and cook in less than 45 minutes. Clean up is a breeze with only one cooking vessel and a mixing bowl or cup. Another great reason for one pan meals is you can use a recipe for the basics and then change up the meat and vegetables used.
This One Pan Sausage and Vegetables is one of our favorites. If I know it’s going to be a busy day, I’ll prep the vegetables in the morning and store in the refrigerator until it’s time to make dinner. You can cut up the potatoes and place them in a bowl of cold water and keep them in the refrigerator without them turning brown. Just drain before using. I let them drain while I mix up the dressing and slice the sausages. Then prep is a cinch since you have all of the veggies cut ahead of time. Toss it all in a bowl until the dressing has coated everything, spread on a baking sheet and bake! Easy Peasy!
- 1 pkg (18 oz) Italian sausages, cut in 2 inch pieces (4-5 sausages)
- 2 cups potatoes, cut in one inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in one inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips, about a half inch wide (use whatever colors you prefer)
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Add the sausage, potatoes, carrots, peppers, and onion into a large mixing bowl**.
- In a separate small bowl whisk olive oil and Dijon mustard together. Add the rosemary, garlic, Parmesan, Italian seasoning (crush between fingers to refresh the flavors), salt and black pepper (to taste), whisk until well combined.
- Pour over sausage mixture and toss until everything is coated. I find using my hands easier to get everything coated. Pour the mixture onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are golden and tender. Give it a stir once or twice during the baking time to help the sausages and vegetables to evenly brown and not stick to the pan.
Other One Pan Meals you may enjoy: