These Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies will sure delight the cookie lovers in your life. The cookies are rolled in pink sugar crystals, topped with a cherry, and drizzled with white chocolate.
These cookies make me smile for a few reasons. They’re simple to make, delicious to eat, and the pink sugar crystals make them sparkle. How can one not smile at that? Of course, they are making me smile for another reason, a very important reason – Kids. Not just any kids, but kids with pediatric cancer. You see, I am participating in the second annual Good Cookies Food Bloggers’ Valentine Event to benefit Cookies 4 Kids with Cancer. It’s a fabulous event and an fantastic organization!
Did you know that cancer is the #1 cause of death of children by disease in the U.S.? There are 40,000 U.S. children actively battling cancer right now. With less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget going to all childhood cancer combined, I knew it was important for me to get involved. The Cookies 4 Kids with Cancer foundation does such great work and it’s a cause that’s worth fighting for, even in my small way of baking cookies, donating, and spreading the word.
Help us make a difference by donating to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer! Our goal is to raise at least $3000. Because these three companies: Dixie Crystals, Mediavine and OXO have each pledged to match our donations raised through this campaign up to $3000!!!
Thanks to many of you, we have reached our goal. You can still donate and help us make an even bigger difference! Donations will continue to be accepted until March 1, 2018.
If you donate, please share and use the #helpingcookies hashtag to let others know of the great cause.
Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
This cookie dough is easy to prepare and can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator to chill. I love recipes that can include the kids to help. This is one of those. The kids can form the cookie dough balls and roll them in the pink sugar crystals. Once the cookies are baked, place a cherry in the center of each and let cool. When cooled, drizzle some white chocolate over the cookies and let harden – then devour the cookies! Easy, right?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ⅓ - ½ cup pink sugar crystals
- 30 red maraschino cherries, drained
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer; cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Add the almond extract and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and combine well.
- Cover the dough with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. This will chill the dough so that the cookies will not spread too much.
- After an hour has passed, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape the dough into about 30, 1-inch balls. Roll each ball into the pink sugar crystals and place on ungreased baking sheet. You can use a silicone baking sheet also.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes. Be sure to not overbake the cookies. Remove from the oven and immediately press a maraschino cherry into the center of each cookie.
- Move the cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, slowly melt the white chocolate chips in 10-15 second increments in the microwave. Give them a stir between each melting time.
- Using a fork, drizzle the melted white chocolate overtop the cookies.
- Allow the white chocolate to set completely before storing the cookies in an airtight container.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Here are the other participating bloggers’ recipe!
Yellow Heart-Shaped Rainbow Funfetti Cookies from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake from Julie of Julie Blanner
Cherry Coconut Macaroons from Miranda of Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Brownie Cookies from Mel of Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
No-Bake Chocolate Candy Cookies from Debi of Life Currents
Double Dark Chocolate Chery Black Forest Cookies from Jamie of Southern Revivals
White Chocolate Valentine Madeleine Cookies from Marlynn of Urban Bliss Life
Pillowy Soft Sugar Cookies from Stephie of Stephie Cooks
Steak with Peppercorn Sauce from Sonja of Ginger & Toasted Sesame
Creamy Beet Risotto from Rachel of Copper & Verdigris
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Denise of Chez Us
Red Velvet Donuts from Gwynn of Swirls of Flavor
S’mores Brown Butter Panbanging Cookies from Marybeth of babysavers
Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies from Audrey of Mama Knows Gluten Free
Gluten-Free Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Brianna of Flippin’ Delicious
Rose Meringue Cookies from Kirsten of Comfortably Domestic
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Curry from Shashi of Savory Spin
Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies from Dee of Meatloaf and Melodrama
White Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie from Sarah of Sarah Cooks the Books
Cream Wafer Cookies from Kelly of Live Laugh Rowe
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies from Wanda of My Sweet Zepol
Raspberry Fudge Cookies from Jessica of A Kitchen Addiction
Raspberry Cookies from Courtney of Know Your Produce
Syltkakor Raspberry Jam Cookies from Megan of Stetted
No-Bake Chocolate Tart from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies from Angela of About a Mom
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies from Lisa of TasteCookSip
Chai Latte Shortbread Hearts from Sue of It’s Okay to Eat the Cupcake
Soft and Sweet Sugar Cookie Bars from Carlee of Cooking With Carlee
Strawberry and Cream Cookies from Ashley of A Cup of Charming
Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies from Lisa of Blogghetti
Galete Waffle Cookies from Shaina of Food for My Family
Almond Shortbread Cookies from Denise of addicted 2 recipes
Easy Strawberry Fudge from Chrysa of Thrifty Jinxy
Valentine’s Day Mug Hug Cookies from Aimee of Southern From Scratch
Doughnut Sandwich Cookies from Bree of Baked Bree
Chocolate Nutella Cookies from Melissa of Modern Honey
Easy Crinkle Cookies from Amy of The Nifty Foodie
Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Becca of The Salted Cookie
Love Cake from Sara of Confectionary Tales
Meringue Cookies from Sara of My Imperfect Kitchen
Rose White Hot Chocolate from Susannah of Feast + West
Gluten Free Lavendar Shortbread Cookies from Carolann of Apron Warrior
Fruit Filled Chocolate Waffle Cones from Nicole of For the Love of Food
Chocolate and Vanilla Sweetheart Cookies from Sheila of Life, Love, and Good Food
Check out the event’s great sponsors!