Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies are perfect to make for any occasion or event. Soft and chewy cookies that you will bake over and over again. Change up the sprinkles to match themed parties, holidays, or sports teams.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
Sprinkle cookies are so fun to bake and I just love that there are so many different sprinkles to use. These Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies are my third recipe for #SpringSweetsWeek and I’m not going to lie, I’ve made them three times since this post. If I could have posted 5 cookie recipes for Springs Sweets, they’d all have sprinkles. Ha! Instead, you’ll have to just make these and use your favorite colorful sprinkles.
I’m making these delicious recipes this week!
Each year #SpringSweetsWeek 2022 is hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! When flowers start to bloom and the weather is gets warmer you can be sure we’re celebrating with delicious spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So, say goodbye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy yummy spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Our generous #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some fabulous prizes. Many thanks to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes.
Be sure to read about the sponsors and the prizes here and, of course, enter that great giveaway below. Also, don’t forget to check out all of the recipes posted today. The links are below as well. Right now, let me show you how to make these fun sprinkle cookies.
Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies
The combination of butter and cream cheese in this recipe makes for a softer and chewier cookie. It also makes them extra rich and delicious. Adding the cream cheese was a last minute decision on my part as I had just made these cherry cream cheese cookies. I had just enough cream cheese left and knew it would go bad if I didn’t use it now. It was a very good decision! Soft cookies are the best.
The nonstick baking sheet I used is one of my favorites for baking. It is from one of our sponsors, Anolon. Do you see that color? It’s so pretty! I have several of their products and when I tell you that nothing sticks, ever, I am not kidding. Plus, I have used them over and over again and they still look like new! Gotta love that!
Sprinkles come in many colors, sizes, and forms. It’s so hard to choose sometimes. I love the sprinkles from Sweets & Treats, not because they have so many to choose from (they do) but because I can find exactly what I am looking for (and then some). The sprinkles I used for these cookies are called Cotton Candy and they make me think of spring fun at spring carnivals here.
I also used almond extract paste in addition to vanilla extract in the cookies. I wanted a hint of the almond and with Taylor and Colledge‘s almond extract paste, I got exactly that. It’s perfect. I love their extract pastes. Check out these scones I made with their lavender and lemon extracts.
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- cream cheese, room temperature
- butter, room temperature
- white granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- almond extract paste
How to Make Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are using an Anolon baking sheet, you don’t need to spray it. Alternatively, you can use a silicone baking mat on the baking tray.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and both the vanilla extract and almond extract paste. Beat for 2 minutes.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the cream cheese and butter mixture. Mix until combined.
Pour sprinkles into a medium bowl. Using a cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons), scoop out cookie dough balls and roll each one into the sprinkles, covering the entire dough ball. Place them on baking sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Other Sprinkle Cookies You May Enjoy
- Soft Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Italian Anise Biscotti
- Neapolitan Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies with White Chocolate
Enter the #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract paste (or almond extract)
- 4 ounce bottle sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are using an Anolon baking sheet, you don't need to spray it. Alternatively, you can use a silicone baking mat on the baking tray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and both the vanilla extract and almond extract paste. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the cream cheese and butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Pour sprinkles into a medium bowl. Using a cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons), scoop out dough balls and roll each one into the sprinkles, covering the entire dough ball. Place them on baking sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Ricotta Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blood Orange Cheesecake Pastries from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cadbury Egg Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Coconut Lime Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Easy Strawberry Fool from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Grape Sorbet from Family Around the Table
- Grapefruit Yogurt Loaf Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Key Lime Tassie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kumquat Oatmeal Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Mango Cream with Berries from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mango FIlled Martabak Manis from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Meringue Nests with Fruit Curd from Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Carrot Halwa Ice Cream Sandwich from Magical Ingredients
- Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies from Blogghetti
- Strawberries and Cream Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Parfait from Cookaholic Wife
- Tangerine Ginger Tartlets from That Recipe
- Triple Berry Slab Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.