Valentine’s Day Crinkle Cookies are soft yet chewy and have a sweet chocolate heart in the center. Super quick to make and such a perfect cookie to share!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and these easy to make crinkle cookies would be perfect to whip up for that special someone. Cake mix cookies are such fun to make and they can be decorated for any holiday or occasion. There are so many different types of crinkle cookies that the fun would never end for me in making them. These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies would also be great to make for Valentine’s Day.
The cookies sure didn’t last long once I made them – in fact, I think they were gone within the next day. I only got one! You know what that means? Yep. Gotta make another batch – and hide them!
How do you make these Valentine’s Day Crinkle Cookies with chocolate hearts?
My favorite thing about making crinkle cookies is that you can use a boxed cake mix. For this recipe I used a white cake mix and added a few simple ingredients to the batter. Once the cookies were baked, I topped each with a chocolate heart. Allowing the chocolate hearts to harden up again is key to them keeping their shape once the cookies are cooled. Patience isn’t my thing, so my one and only cookie from this recipe was eaten with the chocolate warm and gooey. Totally worth it.
Once you have the batter mixed, you will want to chill it for about 15 minutes, so the dough is less sticky to handle when rolling the dough balls. I found using a typical cookie scoop that holds one and a half tablespoons of batter works best with this recipe.
Roll your dough balls into your sanding sugar or sprinkles and then place on baking sheet, slightly flatten.
After the cookies are baked, gently press a chocolate heart in the center of each cookie. Remove to wire rack and allow to cool. If you can’t wait, you can place the cookies in the refrigerator for a few minutes to aid in the chocolate hardening again.
Other Valentine’s Day sweets you may enjoy:
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies with White Chocolate
Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars
Soft Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Caramel Drizzled Brownie Hearts
Sprinkled Chocolate Shortbread Heart Cookies
Cinnamon Rolls Hearts
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Hearts
Valentine's Day Crinkle Cookies with Chocolate Hearts
- 1 15 oz boxed white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pink, red, or white sanding sugar OR sprinkles
- bag of chocolate candy hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mi, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This will help the dough be a little less sticky when rolling dough balls.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoons for each dough ball. Roll into ball and then roll into sanding sugar or sprinkes. Place on baking sheet, flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes, remove from oven and let cool one minute on baking sheet before adding the chocolate heart in the center of each cookie. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely. The chocolate candy will harden as the cookies cool, but you can speed the process up by placing cookies into refrigerator for a few minutes.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!