Disclaimer: This post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies are made with a maple cream filling sandwiched between two soft and chewy oatmeal cookies.
How many of you love the Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies? I’m raising my hand for everyone in my family. Those little cookies were a staple in my girls’ lunch boxes as well as in the snack container. We’ve not had them in quite some time, and I truly was craving them. So, when the gracious sponsors of #ChristmasSweetsWeek sent us some wonderful products, I knew what I was going to make.
Changing up the flavors with a little bit of LorAnn Maple Extract in the chewy oatmeal cookies, and in the delicious cream filling. The flavor blends well with the oats in the cookies.
I used Dixie Crystals powdered sugar in making the creamy filling. It’s truly the best powdered sugar, and a name brand I trust completely. I love all of their sugar products. Between the two products, these cookies could only be amazing.
Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies are perfect for the holidays with the maple flavoring, and when you add sprinkles they turn very festive. Sprinkles make everything better, right?
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies are a perfect sweet snack and treat. #cookies #maple #oatmeal #baking ” quote=”Bake up a batch of Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies and share with those you love.”]
Don’t forget to enter the awesome #ChristmasSweetsWeek Giveaway below! Great prizes to be won! You can read all about the prizes on the Eggnog Blossom Cookies post – remember there will be 6 winners!
If you want to give your Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies a festive look, roll the edges in some fun holiday sprinkles.
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp. LorAnn's maple extract
- 1¾ cups old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk till combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the egg and maple extract, and beat on medium until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the old fashioned oats and beat until just combined.
- Slowly, add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- Using a 1½ tablspoon cookie scoop, scoop out cookies and place on the prepared pan. Lighly press the cookies down so they're no longer domed, and slighly flattened.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 11 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on pan before moving them to the wire cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the maple cream filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, then add the maple extract and heavy cream - blend well.
- Add the powdered sugar, mixing on low until almost completely combined. Then turn the mixer on high and beat for another 2 - 3 minutes until the filling becomes light and fluffy.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, add the filling to a piping bag and cut off a corner. Pipe filling onto cookie and then add the top cookie to the oatmeal maple cream pie.
Be sure to check out all of the recipes linked up this first day of #ChristmasSweetsWeek from these amazing fellow bloggers!
So much goodness!
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cider from The Beard and The Baker
Christmas Punch from Juggling Act Mama
Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate from Eat Move Make
Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from April Golightly
Gingerbread Spice Caramel Latte from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Gingersnap Eggnog Shooter from Seduction In The Kitchen
Glogg from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Hot Buttered Rum from Moore or Less Cooking
Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Mildly Meandering
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Salted Caramel Hot Apple Cider from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Sugar Cookie Cocktail from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Vanilla & Spice Hot Mulled Wine from The Baking Fairy
Almond Roca from Everyday Eileen
Christmas Cookie Bark from The Mandatory Mooch
Creamy Cheese Fudge from Take Two Tapas
Grinch Fudge from An Affair from the Heart
Milk Chocolate Toffee Fudge from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Reindeer Food Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
Chocolate Mint Cookies from Platter Talk
Dark Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies from With Two Spoons
Gingerbread Bars with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
Gingerbread Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
Holiday Pavlova from My Suburban Kitchen
Hot Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Joulutorttu (Finnish Christmas Tarts) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Merry and Bright Marshmallow Filled Christmas Cupcakes from Lady Behind the Curtain
Minty Grinch Dip from Who Needs A Cape?
Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies from Blogghetti
Pecan Pie Cheesecake from The Crumby Kitchen
Peppermint Stick Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Red Velvet Cookies from Live Love Texas
Red Velvet Truffle Sugar Cookie Cups from The Spiffy Cookie
Santa Belt Cupcakes from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies from Cheese Curd in Paradise
Don’t forget to enter the amazing giveaway!
Thank you ChristmasSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Lorann Oils & Flavors, Torani, Joyjolt, and Sweets & Treats Boutique for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The ChristmasSweetsWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The ChristmasSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the ChristmasSweetsWeek posts or entry.