The best oven fried chicken – Crispy seasoned Panko coating on the outside and moist and tender inside. BAKED, not fried which makes clean up a breeze.
I absolutely hating frying anything. I rarely and I mean, rarely fry anything. That being said, every now and then I just want fried chicken without the grease or the mess. Oven Fried Chicken is my answer to the comfort food craving. No mess and no grease to worry about. Best of all, it’s crispy and tender!
This is my basic recipe but I do switch out the seasonings depending on the mood I am in, the side dishes I am making, or just what I have on hand. One thing I do not ever change up is the Panko bread crumbs. These light crumbs are amazing. Once I used them, I have not used regular bread crumbs for anything. You’ll notice I didn’t include amounts for the flour and milk. This is because I don’t typically measure those as sometimes I over measure and waste the balance. If you must have amounts, this is my best guess: flour – 1/2 cup and milk 1/2 cup.
Best Oven Fried Chicken
- 4 - Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated or finely shredded
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Flour - enough to coat the chicken
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray baking pan lightly with nonstick spray.
- Trim fat from chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix Panko with the Parmesan, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning.
- Make your assembly line with the flour, milk, and Panko.
- Coat chicken lightly with flour, then dip into the milk and finally, coat with Panko.
- Place in pan and drizzle melted butter over them. This will help crisp up the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 45 min or until coating is golden and chicken is done...turning once. I used a spatula to turn them so the coating wouldn't stick or fall off the chicken as it can do at times.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Other recipes you may enjoy: