Bang Bang Chicken Skewers are marinated in a tangy-sweet sauce then grilled to perfection. Be sure to save some of the sauce for dipping!
I can’t believe I forgot to post this recipe during grilling season! It’s still grilling weather we live so that’s probably why I didn’t think to post it sooner. However, no worries – this Grilled Bang Bang Chicken recipe can be cooked on an indoor grill, in the broiler or baked in the oven. I’ve even done them in a skillet on the stove-top!
This recipe is easy to make and the bang bang sauce is so delicious to drizzle over the chicken, pasta, rice, and not gonna lie even over mashed potatoes! I’ve made Bang Bang Chicken Pasta and Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta with raving reviews. In fact, the Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is one of the most popular and viewed recipe on the blog!
Do you see that cute dip bowl? How cute is that?! It was a 88 cent deal from Goodwill! Can’t beat that Goodwill gold!
Tips to Make Grilled Bang Bang Chicken Skewers:
It’s an easy marinade to mix up. Be sure to reserve about 1/2 cup of the bang bang sauce BEFORE you marinate the chicken. This reserved sauce will be used for dipping the cooked chicken in.
You do need to marinate the chicken for a few hours so prepping that in the morning is ideal.
That’s pretty much it for tips because once the chicken is marinaded you will grill it and then serve with the sauce you set aside. Easy Peasy.
Grilled Bang Bang Chicken Skewers
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- ground pepper
For the Marinade/Sauce
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the mixture for dipping the cooked chicken in.
- Season the chicken tenders with pepper. Place in a large resealable plastic bag, and add the marinade to the bag. Close the bag and using your hands, squish the bag until the chicken is coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for about 2 - 3 hours.
- When ready to grill the chicken, remove the tenders from the bag and thread onto skewers. Preheat grill to medium-high and grill the chicken until it's cooked through, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Brush with some of the reserved sauce before serving.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!