It’s the holiday season and time is short when it comes to getting everything done. There’s the decorating, the shopping, the menu planning, and if you’ve got little ones a trip to see Santa is in store. Where is the time to cook dinner?!
My little ones are all grown up but I still have the rest of the “to do” list items to complete and dinner is just not something I can plan out this month. So, one pan meals like this Cheesy Hamburger Pasta is a perfect meal to get on the table fast. I love this dish as it brings back memories of the boxed Hamburger meals that I grew up on but now wouldn’t serve my family. So much sodium in those boxed dinners plus other unmentionables.
This delicious Cheesy Hamburger Pasta comes together in under 30 minutes with ingredients that you probably already have on hand. If you love the Hamburger Helper type meals, you’ll love this skillet meal!
Cheesy Hamburger Pasta (One Pan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cornstarch or flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups milk I use 1% milk
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups elbow pasta or another short pasta
- 2 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no pink color remains, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- When ground beef is just about cooked through add the onion and let cook till it’s soft. Then add the garlic and let cook another minute. Drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle the paprika, salt and pepper over the meat and mix into meat.
- Whisk the cornstarch with the milk together and add to skillet. Also add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, and pasta. Combine well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to combine, and then lower heat to simmer and cover with the lid. Allow to cook 15 – 20 minutes, (stirring a occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking) or until the pasta is tender and almost done.
- Stir in the cheese, and allow to sit for 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken before serving.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.