Truth be told, my husband isn’t a fan of seafood unless it’s fish and fried. So, when the girls and I are craving shrimp, he will fend for himself. Last week was one of those nights when one of my daughters and I wanted this Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta.
The shrimp is sauteed with garlic, red pepper flakes, and other spices then gently tossed with spaghetti noodles and a spicy sauce. The Bang Bang Sauce is a creamy concoction of mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha sauce. It’s spicy yet not too hot, of course you can bump up the heat by adding more sriracha.
This meal comes together in the time it takes to cook the pasta – it’s perfect for busy evenings when dinner needs to be done fast or for a last minute, “what do I make for dinner” idea. Of course, if you aren’t a shrimp fan, by all means substitute chicken.
Leftover Pasta Tip:
Recently, I had some leftover spaghetti noodles from a meal the night before. I whipped up half of the bang bang sauce, set it aside and worked on the pasta. In a skillet, I melted two tablespoons of butter, added some minced garlic, paprika, and pepper along with some thawed cooked shrimp. Saute the shrimp till hot and coated with the garlic butter.
I heated the leftover pasta up by dropping it in a pot of boiling water for a couple of minutes, drained it and then added it to the skillet. Toss it all together with the bang bang sauce and I had myself a delicious meal.
- 12 oz of spaghetti
- 1½ lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- 1½ tsp dried parsley
- ⅔ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, mix all 'sauce' ingredients together then set aside. Use more (or less) sriracha sauce according to your heat level.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, return to pot, and cover to keep warm.
- Place the uncooked shrimp in a medium bowl and add olive oil, paprika, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and black pepper. Gently toss to coat all of the shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and then add the coated uncooked shrimp.
- Stir constantly while cooking until no longer pink about 10 minutes.
- When shrimp is cooked through, combine it with the spaghetti in the pot and ⅔ of the sauce - toss to coat well. Top with dried parsley.
- Use the leftover sauce to top off your portion of the meal.
You may also enjoy Bang Bang Chicken Pasta, Easy Shrimp Scampi, or Shrimp Alfredo Pizza
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Pin this for later!