Holy Christmas tree! Can you believe it is just about time for Christmas?! We’ve got the tree up and the outside of the house is lit up. Most of the shopping is nearly complete and this week starts my “week of nonstop baking” for gift-giving and for my family to eat nonstop. With the holidays approaching and that baking marathon ahead, the last thing I want to do is worry about cooking dinners.
Taco Chicken is a favorite in this house for several reasons. For me, it’s easy to make in the crockpot and makes enough for leftovers for the next day. The ways you can use the meat filling are many when you make simple changes it never seems like you are eating leftovers. For my family, it’s just super yummy to them (they’re not hard to please). I decided to make this yummy crockpot meal and when it was done, I realized I had no tortilla shells! That never happens! They are a staple in our house from breakfast meals to dinners and desserts even. I did have a container of biscuits in the refrigerator so this great idea erupted! So good!
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- one pkg of your favorite taco seasoning mix I use taco bell brand
- one large jar of your favorite picante or salsa sauce (32 oz) - I use pace mild picante.
- 1 can of refrigerator Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Toppings: sliced green onions and shredded cheese
- Mix the picante sauce and taco seasoning together - if you have picky kids that don't like "chunks" in their sauce, just put it in the blender for a couple of whirls.
- Place chicken in crockpot, pour over sauce mixture and cook for about 5 - 6 hours on low...shred the chicken and cook for one more hour.
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions. Split open and pile on the taco chicken, add toppings and serve.
Leave a Reply