Have you ever bought a food item that you can’t remember why you needed it? I have great intentions sometimes when it comes to recipes and then time passes and I forget what it was I was going to make. Also, when I clean out the pantry I find things I didn’t know I even had, probably for the same reasons. Sesame seeds, a whole bottle of them, just sitting in the pantry. I can’t even recall why I bought them but I decided to jazz up my usual roasted green beans with them. I’ll have to find more uses for them now that I have a whole bottle to use.
- 1 pound of green beans washed and trimmed
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 - 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the green beans on a baking sheet (line with foil for easy clean up.) Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Sometimes I will also preheat the broiler and cook them that way. Same amount of time.
- Place beans in serving bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds over them, toss to coat.