Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes are the best side dish that’s filled with all the delicious baked potato toppings. Great for potlucks, holidays, and weeknight dinner.
I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored
Mid-week of #FallFlavors week – a week where food bloggers are going to wow you with recipes using all the fall foods with the help of some awesome sponsors. Sponsors that generously provided us with products to use in our creations, plus a wonderful giveaway with SIX prize packages to be won. At the end of this post, you will find the giveaway and how to enter plus all of today’s recipes linked up. If you missed what I shared so far this week, you can check out the Apple Pie Tacos, Herb Roasted Sunchokes, and these Lemon Lavender Scones.
Melissa’s Produce made it easy for me to come up with recipes for this week, plus many more for our family dinners for a few nights. They were very generous with their goodies. Among the produce were Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes and they are truly a staple in my house. We love them smashed roasted with pot roast and oven roasted for breakfast.
So, this recipe was really a no-brainer for me. We love cheesy potatoes and I love using the slow cooker. This is an easy side dish to make as you simply layer the ingredients and set the slow cooker to low and let it do its thing. Great dish to make at the holidays since it doesn’t take up valuable oven space.
How to Make Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes
I made these in my 6 quart slow cooker that I lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray. The foil adds to easy clean up, too. Then gather your ingredients. I used a package of already cooked turkey bacon pieces to save time on cooking and because I have one who doesn’t eat pork. You can use pork bacon pieces or fry up bacon to crumble for this recipe, if you choose to. I also used a Mexican blend of cheeses, again, any cheese you have or like works. I also used a seasoning called “Everything But Salt”, it’s one of our favorites! Also not pictured is two cloves of minced garlic that I also added.
Once you have your potatoes cut in half or larger ones cut into quarters, dice up your onion and mince your garlic. Then it’s a matter of layering everything. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese and one tablespoon turkey bacon pieces for later. Start with half of the following for first layer: potatoes, cheese, garlic, cooked bacon, onions, and Everything But Salt seasoning. I omitted the salt for personal reasons. Repeat this for the next layer.
That seasoning I mentioned: this is my favorite one but you can also use an all-purpose no salt seasoning with herbs and spices.
Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes, halved and/or quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Everything But Salt Seasoning (see notes)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (see notes)
- 1 package (4 ounces) real turkey bacon pieces (pork bacon pieces can be used)
- sliced green onion, for garnish
- sour cream, optional
- Line a 6 quart slow cooker with foil and spray with non-stick spray. The foil adds to easy clean up, too.
- Wash, dry, and prepare the potatoes. Cut potatoes in half, larger ones in quarters.
- Dice 1/2 medium onion
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese for later. Also, reserve one tablespoon turkey bacon pieces for later. In the bottom of the slow cooker: Add half of the following for first layer: potatoes, cheese, garlic, cooked bacon, onions, and Everything But Salt seasoning. I omitted the salt for personal reasons. Repeat this for the next layer.
- Fold in sides of aluminum foil around potatoes. Cover and cook on low until potatoes are tender, 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the potatoes are tender and cooked through, top with the 1/2 cup reserved cheese, cover again and let melt. Once the cheese is melted, garnish with reserved turkey bacon pieces and sliced green onions and serve. Top with sour cream, if desired.
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Follow the Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration!
Here’s what we made for Thursday:
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries with Parmesan Garlic Dipping Sauce by Big Bears Wife
- Apple Ginger Oat Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Sidecar Cocktail by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Butternut Squash & Pear Risotto by Sweet Beginnings
- Caramelized Pear Baked Oatmeal by Frugal & Fit
- Chocolate Caramel Affogato by That Recipe
- Easy Yam Souffle by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Maple Cake with Maple Glaze by Eat Move Make
- Make The Perfect Cup of Apple Cider Hot Tea by Intelligent Domestications
- Pickled Cabbage by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Sweet Potato and Parsnip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes by Blogghetti
- Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls by Cookaholic Wife
- Sweet Potato Haupia by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.